23 February 2008

Vagina Warriors Unite! Ahimsa & V-DAY 2008!


Rehearsal for the Vagina Monologues has begun! For the next 4 weeks until opening night, I’ll be plugging the show, doing a bit of promoting. Performances are on March 21st and 22nd at 5 Points Theater in Riverside. If you are in the Jacksonville area, I know you will have nothing better to do than come and see the show. I am not sure at this point how much tickets are or what time the performance begins (I know, I'm such a well-informed promoter), but will post as soon as I find out. I believe tickets are in the $20.00 – $30.00 range and I think curtain goes up at 8 pm. Last year both performances were sold out, so get your tickets ASAP.
I can't give away too much about the show, but I can tell you that the goal of V-Day is to educate the community about violence against women and what to do to bring an end to it. For all you yogis out there, I know you are fully aware of ahimsa or non-violence, one of the yamas (observances) of the eight-limbed yogic path. The Monologues are ALL ABOUT ahimsa (I'm no Patanjali, but I know we need to practice ahimsa in order to reach samadhi, that little place also known as "enlightenment").
To learn more about the V-Day cause and the Monologues, visit http://www.vday.org/. All proceeds benefit the Hubbard House, a shelter for victims of violence and abuse. It’s for a good cause! Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment